Wednesday, March 18, 2009

iPhone OS 3.0


I'm a total geek, as my good friends all know. I love things from neat gadgets and computers to physics. I own an iPhone 3G (after an agonizing wait for my contract to run up so I could purchase it at the upgrade price). Of course, as much as I love my phone, there are a few things lacking. That's why I was so happy to read that yesterday, Apple announced the release of iPhone OS 3.0 this summer.

Long awaited features will include copy/paste, MMS messaging, and a functional push notification service. They showed a demo of the app that meebo is developing to show how the push will be useful, and man, I look forward to it. The one thing I really hope that it will be able to do is resize the photos for sending in MMS. Right now, if you email a photo, it comes out at a huge 800x600 resolution. I want to be able to send photos that are 320x240, a typical cellular image size.

Even if it doesn't, this update will be a massive improvement for an already cool product. Keep it up, Apple!

No comments:

Post a Comment